Ann Marie (Lit·Wit·Wine·Dine)'s Reviews > The Stranger Inside

The Stranger Inside by Lisa Unger

bookshelves: blog-tour, fiction, giveaway, mystery-suspense

There's a GIVEAWAY for this book on my Insta!

Okay, friends, I’m going to let you in on an embarrassing secret. This is my first Lisa Unger book. There is no good reason for this. It just happened to have worked out that way. I’ve always wanted to read one of her books. So when the opportunity came up for me to join the blog tour for The Stranger Inside, I jumped on it! Welcome to my stop.

There was a lot to love about this book. I’m always drawn to books that feature some sort of vigilante justice as a theme and in that regard, this book really delivered. I was drawn in right away by the dual perspectives of Hank, told in the first person, and Rain, told in the third. Their shared victimology bound them together in a number of ways some of which were expected and some of which were quite dysfunctional. One might even say creepy. (Me, I am the one.)

The Stranger Inside was unique in that it was both character and theme driven. The reader is implored consider a number of topics ranging from the way women’s roles and expectations change as we start families to why two people who experience the same tragedy can walk away changed in completely different ways. It’s always great when you can read a book that’s page-turning and entertaining but also makes you think.

In my opinion, The Stranger Inside leans more toward dramatic suspense than thriller but there were a few edge-of -seat moments. And one big twist that I did not see coming!

This may have been the first book I’ve read by Lisa Unger but I’m sure it won’t be the last. If you have a favorite, I’d love to hear what it is.

Many thanks to Park Row press for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger Inside.

September 17, 2019 – Started Reading
September 17, 2019 – Shelved
September 17, 2019 – Shelved as: blog-tour
September 17, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
September 17, 2019 – Shelved as: giveaway
September 17, 2019 – Shelved as: mystery-suspense
September 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by JanB (new)

JanB Ann Marie, don’t be embarrassed. I’ve never read her either, lol
I’m glad you found a new author to enjoy! Great review :)

message 2: by Libby (new)

Libby Great review, Ann Marie!