Abby's Reviews > A Dark and Stormy Murder

A Dark and Stormy Murder by Julia Buckley

19929606

bookshelves: mystery

In A Dark and Stormy Murder Lena London travels to the small town of Blue Lake to work with her idol, the author Camilla Graham. However, Lena gets more than she bargained for when a murder occurs in the quiet town, and several mysteries -and perhaps a romance- begin to overlap and come apart around her.

When I went to read this book, I was expecting a stupid and fun mystery - what I got was a thoroughly enjoyable mystery that gave me vibes of Jane Eyre and Anne of Green Gables. Lena London has the dream job I wish I had, and the entire story kept me glued to the page as I eagerly read to find out what happens.
The cast of characters are simply wonderful, with the main crew being Lena and Camilla, a police officer, and a man guilty until proven innocent. Together these characters support each other as wholesomely as anyone can.

Julia Buckley's writing is simple, and yet you feel like you are present for everything Lena is experiencing. No the writing is not so sophisticated, but any story that can leave me in suspense is a great story to me! I've already ordered the next two in the series, and I'm eager to get reading as this book ends on a sort of cliffhanger.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants a good mystery. I guarantee you will all wish you knew such characters!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dark and Stormy Murder.

September 17, 2019 – Shelved