Abigail Harris's Reviews > Star of Persia: Esther's Story

Star of Persia by Jill Eileen Smith

72092521

The fact a book is a Biblical fiction would normally stop me from reading a book, but I had to read this one. You see of all of the stories in the Bible Esther is my second favorite old testament book, it's just so beautiful, Joseph is my favorite, Ruth is my third favorite.

Now if you've followed me long you may have noticed I rarely read Biblical fiction, because I want to make sure I know the true account of the story. Makes sense, right? But I have one weakness in Biblical fiction and that is Esther … I know the story well enough to keep facts straight from fiction, I read Esther several times a year.

Now, the second reason I had to read this book is the cover … It has purple, my favorite color. Just so pretty, and I love it.

For the "story" I was happy to find a story that was accurate, showed a side of Xerxes that made me see him as more of a human? I've enjoyed reading Esther and Xerxes' romance but at times it is hard to realize that Xerxes was only a man, a human like anyone else.

What I was not expecting was to read from Vashti's point of view, which was really interesting, and different and intriguing.

As far as Biblical fiction goes I must say this is a one of a kind, lovely, and informative, yet interesting story.

There is violence mentioned, backstabbing, and killing as well.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the author. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star of Persia.

September 17, 2019 – Shelved