Mandy's Reviews > MWF Seeking BFF: My Yearlong Search For A New Best Friend

MWF Seeking BFF by Rachel Bertsche

Mar 20, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-loved, memoir
Recommended to Mandy by: Twitter
Recommended for: anyone who's wondered about how to find friends

This book is for anyone who's struggled to make friends as they've gotten older or moved away from their old friends. After moving to Chicago for love, Rachel realises that all her close friends are still in New York and she doesn't have a circle of girlfriends, even after 2 years of living in Chicago. Thus she sets out on her quest to have 52 'friend-dates' over the course of a year and figure out how one goes about making friends when there's no schoolyard play time.

What I really loved about this book was that it's not just about Rachel's friend-dates (although they are hilarious and I want Rachel to move to Australia so we can be BFFs) but she's managed to combine her story with researching the science behind friendships and why they're important for us. MWF seeking BFF has really inspired me to be more open to making friends. Rachel's voice is easy to read and compelling and her blog ( is a brilliant extension of this book (or is it the other way around?).

I loved this and I've already promised to lend to another friend ASAP. It's a keeper.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read MWF Seeking BFF.