Ruby Rae Reads's Reviews > Tweet Cute

Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

Thank you to St. Martin's Press for providing me with an e-ARC of this book!

Did I just devour and become obsessed with this book in less than 24 hours? Why yes, yes I did!

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH THIS BOOK THIS BOOK THIS BOOK!!! It was so good I can't even.

I was not expecting to love it as much as I did. I haven't read a YA contemporary that just makes me all giddy and my heart flutter in happiness for a while. I just recently watched You've Got Mail and the comparison is spot-on and this story was done perfectly. You could clearly see the ties to the film but it was unique in its own way.

This book! The teenage rep was AMAZING! I loved the snarky banter and the slow-burn. I loved how the internet was incorporated into the story in a seamless way and didn't make me cringe. I loved how it wasn't full of unnecessary drama. I loved how easy and witty the writing was. I loved the family dynamics and how real those felt. It's diverse: we've got a gay twin brother and a POC girl SC. It was just *chefs kiss*

I connected so much to these characters. It's written from two first-person POVs and that worked so well. I just felt like I was exactly in Jack and Pepper's shoes. I loved their relationship so much my heart ached. I related to them both so hard. I just,,,

What an unexpected surprise. I'm so super excited for this book to come out. It's definitely one of my favourites this year! I just want more and need more from this author!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tweet Cute.

September 17, 2019 – Shelved