Deborah E Kehoe's Reviews > Love on Lexington Avenue

Love on Lexington Avenue by Lauren Layne

Read 2 times

When Claire finds out at her husbands funeral that he left behind not only a wife, but also a girlfriend and a mistress she decides to rid herself of everything her husband owned and hires a contractor to re-do her Upper East Side brownstone. Scott Turner is surly, tells it like it is, and fills out his flannel shirt like no other. Claire is intrigued. Maybe her brownstone isn’t the only change she needs to make!

I found it fascinating that the three women Claire’s husband conned all became fast friends. Their unique friendship is a fun aspect to this series and that history makes it easy for the reader to root for each of them to find their love match. Claire is very practical and kind of reminded me of myself, so of course I loved her! LOL. I also like surly alpha men so loved Scott immediately. I liked how they talked straight with each other and that their attraction was a slow burn. He might’ve thought she was attractive right from the get go, but it wasn’t until she started to “see” him that way that their thoughts became actions.

I liked Lauren Layne’s style of writing a lot. This was my first novel of hers and I’m definitely going to read the first in this series. I fell in love with all three of these women, but even more I liked the heat level on the romance. They became friends first and the love scenes were more of a fade to black. It was a nice change of pace and reminded me how much I love sweet romances! I’m going to be checking out Layne’s other novels and maybe refreshing my browser to “sweet” instead of “Stanky” on heat level. 🙂 ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I received a free copy of this ARC through NetGalley for my honest review and it was honest!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love on Lexington Avenue.

Finished Reading
September 12, 2019 – Started Reading (Kindle Edition)
September 12, 2019 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
September 12, 2019 –
17.0% (Kindle Edition)
September 13, 2019 –
57.0% (Kindle Edition)
September 14, 2019 – Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
September 17, 2019 – Shelved