Christy LoveOfBooks's Reviews > The Plight and Plot of Princess Penny

The Plight and Plot of Princess Penny by Michael Mullin

Mar 20, 2012

bookshelves: e-book, read-in-2012

No joke, I love this kind of stuff! I reviewed Mullin's other book, 8: The Previously Untold Story of the Unknown 8th Dwarf, not too long ago and adored it. There's just something about a story told or wrote in rhyme that I love. But not just any old rhyming tale will do; I need it witty, fun, and clever. Thankfully, Mullin does this well.

The Plight & Plot of Princess Penny is a little modern mixed with classic fairytale. Penny may be a princess, but she certainly doesn't rule at school. The girl she once considered a best friend is queen bee, and makes Penny miserable. Finally Penny has enough, and seeks the help of a witch in the woods. The witch agrees to help, but everything comes with a price.

Like the description says, this book is intended for YA and up. I let two fifteen-year-old girls I know read it, and they loved it too. One thought it was a little long, but worth it. Seriously, it only takes about fifteen minutes to read, so I guess it's just what you consider long for this type of story.

Overall, The Plight & Plot of Princess Penny is quick and fun. The author did a good job with the twists and bringing everything together. Anyone who can think and write like that has my respect. And isn't the cover cute? I think so.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Plight and Plot of Princess Penny.

Michael Mullin Thanks so much! So glad you liked it. Tell those 15-year olds to spread the word! ;) Glad they liked it too!

I started a TaleSpins blog I think you might like: