Viv's Reviews > Temptation

Temptation by Inara Scott

U 50x66

bookshelves: netgalley-reads

It's always amazing to see a strong, determined, smart female heroine, particularly one who works as a lawyer, so it's safe to say I enjoyed this novel. Add in a swoonworthy male lead, some spunky geriatric physicists and tons of chemistry between the two leads, you've got a great read.
Characterisation:
Zoe Riva. What a fantastic lead. I seriously have to rave about her. I loved how Scott has written her character. She's strong, with a. bit more of a troubled past, she's smart and knows how to handle when the men around her are being dumb and stupid. And though this book may not ultimately be about sexism in the workplace or making your way up as a woman in the workforce, this book certainly deals with a lot of the issues that I know women are facing today - definitely more so in some industries than others. And as strange as it is to say, there are some valuable lessons in that - like, stick to your guns or be authentic.
Connor - I really enjoyed reading about Connor and Zoe. They somehow manage to balance each other out well - I guess it's partly that whole opposites attract thing. And it works well. He's the strong and silent type but blames himself for some deeper trauma in his past, which was interesting on a psychological level, to see and examine in the context of the story.
Storyline and Plotting:
Lovely. It moved at a great rate, not too fast, not too slow, etc. But I would have loved to see some more adventure that Connor and Zoe undertook/undertake throughout the novel. A few more of those kind of moments where they are in another situation rather than just either a few ahem (raunchier) scenes or them chatting (which I did love as well).
Overall:
A great, solid, romcom kind of read. There are some ever so slightly darker tones in some areas, but not that dark at all. Fluffy, the kind of read you indulge with after a long day.
Note: I was generously provided an ARC by the author and the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Temptation.

September 4, 2019 – Started Reading