Nancy Brady's Reviews > The Peach Keeper

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen

Mar 20, 2012

bookshelves: e-book, library-book
Read on April 07, 2012

A light read, definitely chick lit, but an enjoyable read about the friendships that can be sustained over a lifetime. Moreover, it is a story about breaking the pigeonholing of people, and allowing them to grow up and get on with their lives as they are meant to be lived.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Peach Keeper.

04/07/2012 page 60

George Nancy,

This one I can vouchsafe is an enjoyable read.

George

Nancy Brady I liked her Garden Spells so figure this one might decent, too. Now that I know I have the George's Reads Seal of Approval, I am good to go! Thanks!

George My best recommendation for this year, so far, is still 'The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb', by Melanie Benjamin. I've just started reading 'Alice I Have Been,, by her and it looks like another winner.

More, once I get used to typing on this iPad. Typing on a touch-screen keyboard is a very different experience, but learnable I think/hope. Reading on it is even better than I had hoped. The size and weight will take some getting used to, it's a lot bigger and heavier than the NOOK, but the backlit screen is not the problem I had thought it would be. Especially in 'Night mode', I.e inverse video--white print on black background. Great for reading in the dark.

I'm beginning to see why your friend and your sister are enthralled with their iPads.

Nancy Brady Thanks George...I will add both of them to my growing to-read list.

Yeah, they like their iPads...compared to my Nook, it is much bigger. Harvie complained about the size of the print on the Nook until I showed her that it could be changed, then she indicated that it might come in handy, the smaller size. As for typing on the iPad, having used Harvie's a time or two, it is more difficult. The QWERTY keyboard is flat as opposed to most typewriters and keyboards, but I suppose it just takes adjusting to it. My sister Sally uses a stylus that I gave to her. She said that really makes it easier--consider picking up one. They aren't that expensive--under $ 10 if I recall.