Texas's Reviews > Coming Home

Coming Home by Judith Keim

Coming Home #2 - This is such an interesting series and this book picks up after Going Home ends. I miss Lettie, but the rest of the cast is interesting, believable and likeable, except the baddies aren't too likeable.

The storylines from the past and present are well blended along with the clear descriptive writing style make it difficult to stop reading. I am happy that Ms. Keim does not use the worn out Stupidity Formula to create chaos but realistic events. These characters know how to live and communicate bringing a depth to the tapestry of the Chandler Hill series.

Home at Last, book three of the series, starts two months after Coming Home ends. I contacted the author to review her books and received this book through Booksprout. 4*

Going Home #1 - I have another new author that I enjoy reading. This is my first read and I love it! The story lines involved in the telling of this young woman's life weaves a fabric of love, despair, happiness, fear and always the importance of family. What she overcomes the first nineteen years of her life is heartbreaking and heartwarming, and what she accomplishes throughout her life is inspiring.

The emotions run the gamut through the good and the bad and the perfect. Expect tears, laughter, doubts, aspirations, romance and love. Know there's deception and disappointment, too. I knew when Lettie made a decision at the end of the book, that there would be a deception and a major problem to quickly rise it's ugliness. Other than a couple of deceivers, perfect in their roles, there wasn't a character I disliked or didn't care about. Every character brought a richness and depth to this well thought out, tightly woven tapestry of a life that ran through the peaks and valley and became a wonderful, loving person.

I enjoyed the author's easy to read writing style, the variances in her characters and their realistic dialogs along with the vivid descriptions that painted pictures in my imagination of all the good, the bad and the beautiful surroundings and loving people. If you love Binchy, Pilscher, Grainger and their company, you'll love this book as much as I do. I found this book on Booksprout. 5*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coming Home.

Finished Reading