Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Unattainable

Unattainable by Madeline Sheehan

Two for one!

If rating this on the story of Cage and Tegen alone I was going to go with four stars, but since we also got Dirty and Ellie I'm giving five stars. Quite frankly, I loved Dirty and Ellie's story even more than Cage and Tegen. Tegen seems a bit... shrill, to me. I get it- she and her mother both got hosed over by the men of the club. Still, she brings angry tyrant to another level. Seems a bit extra, honestly. If something or someone makes me THAT angry, I just cut it/them out of my life. Problem solved.

Anyway, I was amused by the comparisons between Deuce (who still hasn't really grown on me, honestly) and Cage, particularly the denial of the same from both parties. I loved the whole "taming of the bad boy" because, truth time ladies, didn't we all at one time fantasize about being the good girl who tames the bad boy? I sure did. Until I figured out that they don't actually get tamed in real life. They keep on doing their bad things, but they lie about it. And thus the crux of why I love romance so much- the unrealistic fantasies we all have can be true in a romance novel! The mafia man can have a heart of gold. The serial man-whore cheater will give it all up because he meets the right woman. Even an addict can stop and go clean for the right woman. So what if I'm in my mid-30's and still get heart flutters from these lies- don't judge me.

I loved the story of Dirty and Ellie. Man, he might be the most broken man yet in this series. Actually, yeah... he is definitely the most broken. He believes he isn't worthy of love. Believes he isn't worthy of anyone caring about him. He reacts to save Ellie, but still thinks of himself as garbage and thinks she isn't even safe around him. She guides him from his shell. She helps him past his tangled emotional mess so he can be more functional. So he can experience a part of life that he hasn't ever tried to experience before- female companionship. Love. A relationship. And it's wonderful.

Ugh. I am loving this series so much more than anticipated. ❤

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unattainable.

September 15, 2019 – Started Reading