Carvanz's Reviews > Being Me

Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones

20266662
Audiobook: Narrator – Grace Grant

Another enjoyable audio by Ms. Grant. She really does a nice job of these characters. This being the second book of the series that she’s narrated as well as back to back listens, I’ve come to attach her voice to Sara. Accented voice of Ricco was a little rough but otherwise I didn’t have any issues with her performance.

Things really get deep and heavy both between Sara and Chris as well as the mystery of Rebecca.

As this couple grow closer and begin to delve deeper into their pasts they begin to work together to find out what happened to Rebecca. Along the way, Sara begins to fear for her friend Ella as well and this adds additional suspense to the story. She also finds Chris dealing with heartache in way that almost breaks her. It causes some additional angst as well as an insight into how deeply tormented he really is. I would have liked her to have made him grovel more but I can't say their making up wasn't super hot.

description

This ends in another cliffhanger but holy heck, it’s got me needy for what the future holds. With a great pace and the addition of secondary characters that will have you second guessing who could be behind Rebecca’s journal, this is an amazing read/listen.

Heroine POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Being Me.

September 12, 2019 – Started Reading
September 14, 2019 – Finished Reading
September 15, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review Carvanz!!💋😉💖👍

Mindy Lou's Book Review Is this on audible escape? I’ve been wanting to read this series.

Carvanz Mindy Lou's Book Review wrote: "Is this on audible escape? I’ve been wanting to read this series."

Book 1 is, I think. But I've picked up the rest through Scribd.

Carvanz Kat wrote: "Awesome review Carvanz!!💋😉💖👍"

Thank you Kat! This author really knows hold to keep a reader clinging to the edge of the cliff.