Jessica Alcazar's Reviews > Landon & Shay: Part One

Landon & Shay by Brittainy C. Cherry

whyyyyyyy can’t I read a book by Brittainy without having to go to Costco for giant quantities of Kleenex????

I was totally on edge thru this entire story! Not because it was this huge suspenseful mess, noooooooo, because I just have this animalistic (lol) need to get to that sweet spot in a journey. You know the one. Where you can finally breath easy because you know there’s no more *bombs/conflicts* left to play out.

So yeah, not yet …… *deep breath*

What an incredible pair of kids Landon and Shay turned out to be. I am ridiculously proud of this story. I have loved this woman’s work since I read her first book but it has not been since The Silent Waters that one of her stories has consumed my heart to the point of bursting. Landon & Shay have done just that and maybe a little bit more!!

There is so much darkness around these two but their hearts are so good that it just doesn’t matter. They are surrounded by just as much heart! Everyone should have a tribe like theirs! I’m a little bit jealous right now LOL I’m not going to give you much more than this on the story because it just wouldn’t be fair to you. You deserve to go into this story completely blind. The story will be worth it. #TRUST But I will say this. There’s something I have learned in my 49 years living my life … There is no hate without love. There is no love without hate. ~ Me

My last note to anyone reading this review is … have no fear, this may be a duet, but this isn’t some sort of dramatic, OMG HOW DARE SHE DO THIS, cliffhanger. It’s an emotional pause. The story needs a break. The journey of Landon and Shay has hit a fork in its path so ….. until we meet again!

Copy provided for blog tour

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Landon & Shay.

September 14, 2019 – Shelved