⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝'s Reviews > Article 5

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Mar 20, 2012

Read from March 20 to 21, 2012

First off, I really liked this book!

The Story
There was a big war and the end result was America going psycho. They took the bill of rights away and they are oppressing women and no one is allowed to have children out of wedlock. It's just crazy. So Embry doesn't have a father and the new rule of Article 5 being no child allowed out of wedlock means that she got taken to a rehab/reform school and her mother taken away to a trial. Not only does this happen but her childhood love who was drafted into the new "army" FBR or Moral Militia had a part in taking her and her mother away! Ember now needs to escape the reform school and rescue her mother. Along the way there are many trials and errors and guilt and rescues.

Things I liked
Ember - I thought she was a strong character. She did make some mistakes and sometimes reacted before thinking things through, but she tried to rectify those. I thought she was strong because at first she didn't realize how much she didn't know and then she grew as a character and a person.

Chase - because he is a tortured boy and I have a thing for them. He did his best with the situations he was thrust into.

NO LOVE TRIANGLE!!!!!!!

Things I didn't like
What the hell was the war about? And why did it make the U.S. go psycho?? How did it start? I realize not all of these things may be able to be answered in book one so that it didn't become crazy long, but jeez...I want to know anyway.

Conclusion
I recommend this book to anyone who likes dystopian books. Not everyone will like it as much as I did, but to each his own :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Article 5.

03/21/2012 page 240
66.0% "I am liking the book. I've been a bit of a baby lately and an emotional part of the book totally made me tear up. Ridiculous..lol"