Connie's Reviews > Catching Her Heart

Catching Her Heart by Jody Holford

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Entangled Publishing via NetGalley and I am voluntarily reviewing it.

This was a good story. I enjoyed get to see Isla and Liam from the first story making multiple appearances here. Addison (Addy) and Sawyer both work for the Nashville Slammers baseball franchise. Sawyer is the catcher with a knee injury and Addy works behind the scene working both PR and wellness for the entire franchise. Sawyer is a very private person who knows his days are numbered due to his age. His injury though may just move up the retirement date. He is afraid to let others know the extent of the injury as the team is going into the playoffs. The team has worked hard for this and Sawyer wants to be a part of it. Addy on the other hand is very out going and just a positive person. She wants to be on the local MS board. To help her in her endeavor, she kidnaps Sawyer at the airport and takes him to a charity event to be auctioned off to raise money for MS. They soon are trading favors and some of them are hilarious, like Sawyer wants Addy to go with him to play poker with him and his Grams at her assisted living facility to help “protect” him from the older women’s grabby hands!!!!

Both characters has several issues to work through on their journey to a HEA. It was a fun read to see them struggling to overcome their dilemmas. I adore the dual POV that the story is written in. Getting into the characters’ thought process to understand their actions really helps me to connect with them.

This is a wonderful story and I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Her Heart.

Finished Reading