Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Unbeautifully

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan

Loving this series

To be clear: loving this series, not loving these heroes. I wouldn't want any one of 'em near me, my friends, or my daughter. But I'm still loving this series. What sorcery is this??

I can't explain why I love a dark romance series featuring heroes I don't even like, but here we are. I did find Ripper more appealing than Deuce, I'll give him that. Deuce was just heinous, both in book 1 and book 2. I still don't think he's redeemed, and I suspect he never will be. It seems to be part of his character- just unapologetically messed up.

Anyway, although Deuce and Eva were in this book it wasn't THEIR book, so I'll try to avoid talking about them.

The story of Ripper and Danny is a sad one. I did think that a particular element of what happened felt a bit glossed over. It popped up out of nowhere, happened over a few pages, and then that was it until it was brought up a couple of times later in the book. What happened was a big deal, and would have had some lead up, so I was surprised to see it get so little attention. I won't go into it further to avoid a spoiler, but you'll see what I mean.

The heat level between Ripper and Danny was high, and I thought the part where Danny had scars and wanted to hide them from Ripper was a clever inclusion.

Overall I am loving this series, including the sneak peek into the next book. I will definitely be continuing on. The drama, the angst... I NEED it!

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
Blog
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unbeautifully.

September 12, 2019 – Started Reading