Cadiva's Reviews > Running from My Heart

Running from My Heart by Felice Stevens

4.5*

Full review tomorrow when I'm at the laptop.

***

This book is about loss. It is about stored up guilt and untethered emotional pain. It's a masterful demonstration of how two people can suffer the same paralyzing loss and yet deal with it in drastically different ways.

But, ultimately, it is about the resilience of the human spirit, our need to connect and to find meaning in our experiences.

It's a love story wrapped in slightly prickly wrapping paper, it might burn your heart a wee bit but the emotional journey which grows out of the ashes of a lost love and the unexpected wreckage of an unknown betrayed love is truly beautiful.

I loved how Felice gives the reader two radically different men with a shared common ground which moves them closer together in an almost organic way.

There is work done, on both parts, for each man to start healing, but the love which grows is as free as the lakeside wilderness where both Ross and Arden learn how to properly live again.

So, a glowing review so why wasn't it a 5* read? See below as I don't want to potentially influence other readers expectations.

(view spoiler)

There's a fair bit of Foster and Justin in this one and it was lovely to see them still being happy.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this series goes with the offshoot Felice is planning.

#ARC kindly received from the author in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Running from My Heart.

September 12, 2019 – Shelved