The Romance Enthusiast (Ruby)'s Reviews > Holding on to Forever

Holding on to Forever by Siobhan Davis

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed

Where do I begin with this story? This book is 100% a conundrum. It is also my first and only so far by Siobhan Davis and S.B. Alexander. I will be honest and say I have mixed feelings about it. But that's not saying it is bad. It just might not be a story for me. I was expecting a very emotional story given the topics.

This book chronicles a time in life where everything and anything is at stake. A time when you're growing into who you're going to be, and learning is the hard part. It is also sort of a opposites attract.

You know the trope. Rich girl, poor boy. But this one takes a whole new view because the guy is a popular football player and she's the coaches daughter.

The story revolves around Emily, who has a particular habit that doesn't do will for the guy shes attracted to. There are several things against them. She's the coaches daughter who has a bad habit. Everyone loves him, a lot of people hate her including her parents. Yep, I said her parents.

I don't even know that I would call them parents. Really. I'm convinced that not everyone should procreate. There are just some people who do not need to have kids. And the mother in this book really supports my theory. She's a mean spirited individual who has some serious issues. We really don't get a reasoning behind her actions other than her being a cruel person.

And Emily isn't what I would call a confident heroine. She is a weak character but she hasn't had anyone who stood behind her either. Her situation did not help her character and decisions. But that doesn't excuse her behavoir.

Now to Adam, who has more courage than is seen. Adam's life isn't easy as pie and his own actions toward Emily put everything he's strived for in jeopardy. He has more responsibility than Emily ever thought about. How he feels can't be tamed so it begins.

Adam is one of those hero's worth loving. He is not painted as a man-whore and he loves and cares for his family. I found myself wanting him to have an equally bad ass heroine. But alas, Emily was not that.

In all it was a fairly entertaining read. I've heard great things about Siobhan and S.B. so don't discount my minority review.

ARC generously provided by the author and Socialbutterflypr

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holding on to Forever.

September 12, 2019 – Started Reading