Nilufer Ozmekik's Reviews > Sword and Pen

Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine

FIVE MEMORABLE GAZILLION STARS and I’m singing from Doors “This is the end my beautiful friend” with tearful eyes.

Starting to this book like joining an hard-core boot camp class because I was literally having panic attacks that one of my favorite characters could die or something terrible happened to them so I kept procrastinating my starting date over and over. But I didn’t let my fears control my brain so last night I opened the book, in one hand flipped the pages, with the other I held my heart and prayed to the author had shown some mercy to her characters by giving them fair closure .

Firstly I have to admit it is hard to read last installments for me because in a long time you got emotionally connected with characters and felt for them as if they were your real friends and you resonated with so many parts of the story.
Endings are stressful because everything could be messed up at the end so you felt like betrayed because you spent all your years finishing one book and waited for the other’s release date! It’s quiet time investment! But if the final isn’t satisfying enough you felt like somebody played with your feelings, destroyed your dreams. (Books were mostly okay but I couldn’t get rid of traumatic experiences since I’d watched the end of Lost, Dexter, GOT. It coasted us too many trips to Best Buy for buying new televisions)

This series was fast paced, terrifying page-turners with its amazing and lovable (totally not slap or punch worthy because I liked them all) characters.
Of course the final installment gave me creeps, nail-less hands, up in the air hair model (welcome back to 80’s punk style) because there was still too much violence, sacrifices, deaths, casualties! I wanted to close my eyes and drop the book screaming “No! No! No!” but eventually I resumed reading because I had to know how it ended.

I don’t want to spill the beans and being a target of boos and rotten tomatoes and eggs but I could say only word about ending: SATISFYING! It is an entertaining and heart felting, beautiful closure.
And other three words: I am Batman (sorry when I went to restroom break, Michael Keaton might have used my keyboard! Of course I am not. I hate DC characters 
Let’s say good bye to fantastic diverse characters, full of action, memorable thrilling parts! So I’m so blessed to read those installments. My eyes filled with tears as like a teacher sees her children finally graduated! So it’s time for digging to new series.

Rachel Caine knows how to create riveting, intriguing series that captivates you from the beginning. So I’m excitedly waiting for what’s gonna be next! She is one of my favorite, gifted authors.

I also enjoy her thrillers but please I wish she doesn’t write a new sequel for Stillhouse Lake series, in my opinion three books is enough. Let’s see something brand new!

Thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Books for sharing this amazing adventure and conclusion of crazy train ride for me in exchange my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sword and Pen.

Finished Reading
August 3, 2019 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
August 3, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
September 11, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee Fantastic review my lovely 😊