KindleCousins 's Reviews > Jersey Six

Jersey Six by Jewel E. Ann

I one clicked this book as soon as it was released and it sat on my kindle for months. I can be a moody reader and sometimes require a very specific type of read. I may not know exactly what I’m looking for, but I know when a book is not hitting the spot. I started this one a few times and wasn’t feeling it. I decided to give it another try because I adore Jewel E. Ann’s books. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

This book wrecked me and put me back together. The story started well enough. Jersey is a homeless woman who befriends a burn victim named Chris. She and Chris become inseparable. Jersey meets Ian along the way, blah, blah, blah. Don’t get me wrong, I was totally invested at this point. But, invested turned into immersed at 16%. This is the point where I knew I was on the cusp of a five star read. My anxiety levels rose as I allowed this book to completely invade my life. Chris, Jersey, and Ian’s story was one of lies, angst, manipulation, and just fuckedupness. The plot was fresh and had me constantly juggling theories, which were all wrong by the way. This book exacerbated my trust issues… smh.

I didn’t know who to trust but I knew I wanted Jersey to win with Ian…lol. Gah, I loved Ian. He was the right amount of alpha, mixed with sexy, mixed with rock star, mixed with everything good in a book boy. Just thinking about him makes me want to read it all over again. Chris was a tortured character and in turn he tortured me. In a span of a couple of pages, I could experience love, hate, empathy, and a host of other emotions when it came to Chris. He was a pitiful mess. Jersey was my girl, and I liked her instantly. She kicked every man’s ass in this book. She was a bad ass and survivor who deserved all the happiness. All of the characters were written perfectly. No cliche bs. I was ecstatic when Ian’s PA Max, wasn’t the quintessential royal bitch who had a claim on the hero. Max was protective of Ian but she was nice and ultimately didn’t try to ruin his relationships. She was adorable.

I’m glad I waited to read this book because it was just what I needed. This was an amazing read and I’m dying to listen to it on Audible.

5 stars

-Natasha

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jersey Six.

September 11, 2019 – Started Reading