Amanda Marie ❤'s Alpha Reads's Reviews > Covet

Covet by Olivia Ryann

The cliffhanger struggle is real

He looks down at me, his steel grey eyes focusing on my face. “I should feel bad for putting you in the box. I should say that I’m sorry, but that would be a lie. I’m not sorry.”

Status update: I still don't like Arsen, but I no longer wish a painful, fiery death on him. I DO still wish Fiore/Katherine could escape him. And her brother. Escape them both and go be her own woman. Make her own friends. Go to college. Not be a toy or a pet or a servant or a slave. Be free for the first time in her life. Now THAT sounds like a happy ending to me.

Alas, I suspect that isn't in the cards for our poor Fiore/Katherine. She was born into a role of subjugation, then got sold into a different role of subjugation. Jesus, this poor girl.

I don't consider this book to be a dark romance as much as an erotic thriller. I have no lady flutters for Arsen. I kinda hate him. I kinda think he deserves to be miserable and alone for the remainder of his sorry life. But, that's just me... I tend to feel that way when dark reads go over my tipping point. And Arsen is over my tipping point. He purposely hurts and terrifies her. Without remorse. So... screw him and the horse he rode in on.

Anyway, as an erotic thriller this book is really good. I am thoroughly enjoying the suspense aspect, and can't wait to see what happens next!

Find me at:
Instagram
Facebook
Blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Covet.

September 10, 2019 – Shelved