Laurie's Reviews > The Daddy Coach

The Daddy Coach by Karen  Muir

bookshelves: netgalley

Overall, Karen Muir's "The Daddy Coach" was a quick, sweet read. I would have rated it 3.5 stars if half stars were possible on Goodreads, but decided to round up because I genuinely liked the main characters, Gina and Will, as well as Will's super cute twin sons, Harry and Ian. Their lovable mischief added a nice touch of lightness and fun to the story.

Gina's interactions with Harry and Ian were endearingly awkward at first, but her love for them was clear as she became more comfortable with children in general and her role in these boys' lives in particular. She came across to me as very book smart but rather naive in dealing with people, as evidenced by her need to conduct so much Internet research on childcare and social interactions, plus her decision to hire a "date" for the boys' birthday party. In addition, Gina believed her brother Kyle's story about the robbery without questioning it at all, no matter how implausible it seemed or his complete lack of proof. Most people I know would have had at least a shred of doubt about Kyle's innocence, no matter how much they loved their brother and wanted to believe his story.

As for Will, it bothered me a bit that he seemed to be on a path towards repeating his past mistakes by dating Bree, even if she was just someone for him to pass the time with because he thought he couldn't have a romantic relationship with Gina. Like his ex-wife and the twins' mother, Felice, Bree was on the rebound because she had just broken up with her fiance before reconnecting with Will. Also, Bree didn't seem to be all that interested in having a relationship with Harry and Ian. Even though she hosted their birthday party, it was really more about her and her friends than it was about them. She didn't invite any of Ian and Harry's friends, or any other children at all. Basically, Bree just provided the birthday cake, which doesn't seem like much of a celebration to me.

At any rate, Gina and Will seemed to make a good couple, and I was happy when they were finally able to work out their problems and come together as a family with Harry and Ian. The book was generally well-written, and I would pick up another of this author's books in the future.

*ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daddy Coach.

September 10, 2019 – Started Reading