Katherine Paschal's Reviews > Shadow Prophet

Shadow Prophet by Andrea Pearson

bookshelves: another-world, mystery, scary, supernatural, suspense, urban-fantasy, vampires, witches

Woah, this was crazy dark! Don't get me wrong it was also incredible unique and interesting, but boy was it a dark read. Abel is tasked with killing basically innocent people since he is being controlled by a Dark Prophet for unknown reasons. And on top of the murdering, the world was full of different kinds of supernatural beings that had crazy skills that I had never heard of before. Basically, Abel is part of the dark world with favors exchanged for information, torture and extortion, and the worst part- Abel is going to kill his foretold soulmate, and he knows it. I liked how the author twisted two different plot lines/mysteries together to create the storyline.

Overall I thought the story was something that kept me on my toes and I was always guessing what would come next be it plot or world building. It was also really neat to have the story set in Utah where I live so places were familiar and I enjoyed that. I did struggle a little with the basis of the world since I was dropped right in, meeting Abel as he commits murder and never given an explanation until close to the end of the book. There were hints that all things supernatural were actually alien and hints that everybody knew about the supernatural issues, but it was never fully explained so I was a little confused.

Overall though I thought the story was detailed and original, and I recommend it for anyone who enjoys urban fantasy and dark paranormal with a forbidden romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Prophet.

September 10, 2019 – Shelved