orangerful's Reviews > Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know

Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell

liked it
bookshelves: adult, adult_w_ya_appeal, audiobook, nonfiction, american_studies

I'm going to give this 3 stars because it felt like a bunch of Gladwell's podcasts stuck together with a flimsy connecting theme. I liked all of them individually, but I really didn't feel like the thesis statement of the book, the TITLE of the book really represented what the book was actually about.

A good listen though, well produced audiobook. Just think the title should have been something else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talking to Strangers.

September 10, 2019 – Shelved
September 25, 2019 – Shelved as: audiobook
September 25, 2019 – Shelved as: nonfiction
September 25, 2019 – Shelved as: american_studies
September 25, 2019 –
2.0% "Started this on my drive home and Gladwell is giving the audio edition a podcast twist, using the real audio quotes from people mentioned in the book where possible and also adding a "theme song"."
September 26, 2019 –
10.0% "I wasn't sure how I felt about the historical audio clips being included in this audio book but I think it is important to hear the inflection and tone of Neville Chamberlain's statements as much as it is to read them."
October 7, 2019 –
50.0% "I am enjoying each individual story in this book, but I'm not 100% sure the theme of "how to talk to strangers" is working for me."
October 11, 2019 – Finished Reading