Wulfwyn 's Reviews > Suburban Legends: True Tales of Murder, Mayhem, and Minivans

Suburban Legends by Sam Stall

bookshelves: paranormal, owned

I liked this book. It is an interesting book to have on hand when you want to read a bit but don’t have a lot of time. The tales in the book are only a few pages each making it very easy to put down and pick up later. I knew some of the tales but that did not affect my enjoyment of reading them in this book. What did was the flat voice. The tales are written in a journalistic style. There is no spooky atmosphere which I do think would have enhanced the enjoyment of each story. The stories are good and have a range from humorous to scary, but the telling fell flat for me. If you are just looking for straight, bare bones, tales, this is a good choice. If you want more flavor than you probably will enjoy a different writing style. I don’t want to discourage anyone from reading this as the stories in were interesting. Just be aware of the writing style and what you are looking for. Some of the stories are ghost stories, (which I happen to enjoy), but others are actual murders. There are a few photos included. Interesting but dry.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suburban Legends.

September 10, 2019 – Started Reading