David's Reviews > The Productivity Project: Proven Ways to Become More Awesome

The Productivity Project by Chris   Bailey

bookshelves: favorites

I have been interested in and working on personal productivity and productivity of teams for years. I read tons of books, blogs posts and articles on most of them suck. As Chris nicely puts it in The Productivity Project "Quick productivity hacks are sexy, but they’re the fad diets of the workplace. While you may lose a bit of water weight in the first few weeks, you won’t accomplish anything real over the long haul.". I couldn't agree more.

When I stumbled on The Productivity Project my expectations every low. I was very pleasantly surprised when I realized Chris takes his (and ours) productivity seriously, with scientific precision and doesn't try to give instructions but focuses on his experiences and leaves a reader thinking how to adapt and apply the approach to his or her own life style and personality.

I will recommend this book when I’m discussing productivity, it’s valuable to productivity nerds and for those who have yet to start the journey of trying to manage their time, attention, and energy.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Productivity Project.

September 10, 2019 – Shelved