Jay Saph's Reviews > The Gateway to Danger: Chelsea Crosses into e-Commerceland: A Coming of Age Christian Novel for Young Adults

The Gateway to Danger by D. Gail Miller

Real rating 3.5 stars

The Gateway to Danger was an unexpected read for me. It was well written, nicely edited and seemed to flow with little effort. The characters "nutellas' felt real, especially the dialogue between the young girl and her father. It covers a strange mix of e-commerce, young adulthood and cat protection. There's also a sprinkling of Christian themes which are by no means overwhelming in any place. It is as if, purposely, author didn't want to rant but, funnily enough, that felt a bit held back also! Tough to get it right, I guess! I read some Christian literature many years ago and this seemed restrained. But then everyone will see things differently.

My main gripe with the novel was that after the e-commerce legal hiccup, the story moved off into a cat protection direction which lost my interest, and I began to struggle. I think the novel has a unique edge and young readers might find it interesting in places, especially if having an entrepreneurial edge, generally proactive about real life and curious about Christianity. But for me - it felt a little dull in places.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gateway to Danger.

Finished Reading