Janey Muñoz's Reviews > I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition: No Guilt. No Excuses. No B.S. Just a 6-Week Program That Works.

I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition by Ramit Sethi

From my limited perspective, the advice in this book seems useful to those beginning their personal financial journey, and was definitely helpful to me in a few specific areas. Financial advice, like all advice, is only useful in certain contexts, so some of it may feel off-the-mark, or simply irrelevant. I appreciated reading this book as an ebook, making it easy to jump to certain sections, avoiding the bits that were completely irrelevant to my finances. Also, hyperlinks were dispersed throughout the text in the ebook to link concepts referenced in later or earlier chapters - I liked being able to jump between semi-related sections.

Some parts that were specifically useful to me were on:
- why one should have a credit card
- what to look for in a credit card
- concrete advice and examples on speaking with someone at your financial institution
- investing strategy over time
- pre-nuptial agreements (previously I felt poorly of these, now feel less so)

The author's voice throughout is off-putting; it seems as if he may be strongly trying to appeal millennials by being snarky, but it comes off as clownish. Regardless, I'm sure others enjoy it, and it does not detract from the book being a grounding starting point for someone interested in improving their financial prospects in the long term.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition.

September 9, 2019 – Started Reading
September 9, 2019 – Shelved
September 29, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Thomas (new) - added it

Thomas Dietert review it!

Janey Muñoz I did!