D.K. Hundt's Reviews > Christmas Sweets

Christmas Sweets by Joanne Fluke

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley

3.5/5.0*

CHRISTMAS SWEETS - Available now for pre-order now and scheduled to be released on October 29, 2019.

The Twelve Sweets Of Christmas’ by Joanne Fluke is a sweet romantic tale wherein lovestruck teachers, Julie Jansen and Matt Sherwood, have been given the task of watching six kids during Christmas break.

Will Julie and Matt’s relationship continue to bloom, or will someone succeed in sabotaging their relationship? You will have to read the book to find out! :)

Also included throughout ‘The Twelve Sweets of Christmas’ are recipes for all of the desserts mentioned within the story! Yuuuummm!

I plan to bake a few of these during the upcoming holidays, my victims…er…’taste testers’ will be my nieces and nephews, unbeknownst to them at the moment.

Regardless of the outcome, i.e., charcoal briquettes or delicious holiday treats (yeah, your guess is good as mine) I will take pictures of the aftermath results online when we make them.

In all seriousness, these are great desserts to make with kids. I’m leaning towards making Multiple-Choice Cookie Bars with the kids for Halloween.

Now, where did I put that fire extinguisher? . . .

Nightmare On Elf Street’ by Laura Levine was so much fun! If you're looking for a funny who-done-it, look no further. Especially if you, too, are the parent of a finicky feline.

'You’d think after all I’ve done for my cat…she could at least wear a pair of deer antlers for three minutes while I took her picture for my annual Christmas card. But, no, Prozac, the little drama queen, had decided that the fuzzy felt antlers I ordered online were emissaries from the Devil and was determined to avoid them at all cost.’ (I could not stop laughing at how much I can relate to this!)

The Christmas Thief’ by Leslie Meier

All set to spend the holidays with her family in Tinkers Cove, Maine, Elizabeth Stone, is devastated when the manager of the Cavendish Hotel she works for in Florida puts a kibosh on her holiday plays. All hands-on deck is needed to ready the Hotel for the luxurious Christmas Ball. When the Sponsor's jewels go missing, Elizabeth is questioned about her ties to a cute mystery guest. Did Elizabeth aide in the theft of the jewelry or is she innocent? You will have to read the book and find out.

Thank you, NetGalley and Kensington Books for providing me with an advance copy of CHRISTMAS SWEETS in exchange for an honest review.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Sweets.

September 9, 2019 – Shelved