Ash's Reviews > Happy for You

Happy for You by Anyta Sunday

32196340

bookshelves: arc, friends-to-lovers, mm, omg-review, all-the-feels

Anyta Sunday is one of my auto-buy authors, and Happy for You is yet another story that she knocks out of the ballpark. It's got all the themes that are kryptonite for me - friends-to-lovers (ish), slow burn, witty banter and cuteness overload.

Mort basically grew up with his best friend Roch's family, to the point that he felt like family himself. His crush on his straight BFF nearly ruined everything, especially when external forces pushed him away from the Rochesters when they needed him the most. Felix grew up crushing on his older brother's best friend, and was devastated when Mort left without warning or goodbyes. And now he's back, and the two of them are fighting their attraction to each other real hard. There is so much at stake - family and friendships and broken hearts - that neither wants to take the risk. But they can't stay away from each other, either.

I adored Felix. He's everything I love in an Anyta Sunday character - a bit clueless, adorable, sorta quirky, and has a heart bigger than an ocean, feeling everything so strongly and loving and hurting so much bigger than you'd think possible. I wanted to bundle him up and give him hugs and tell him to quit fighting so hard, because maybe he could be happy if he'd just let go a little and see what might happen. Of course the burn is as slow as humanly possible (maybe a bit slower than that, even), but by the end, the happy ending is so well-deserved and sweet that my heart almost melted from it.

Happy for You is a must-read for fans of Anyta Sunday, slow-burn, and reads that bring out all the feels.

An advance copy was received for review on OMGReads.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy for You.

Started Reading