Julia's Reviews > The Golden Lily

The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead

F 50x66
Mar 19, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Golden Lily.

Quotes Julia Liked

Richelle Mead
“Adrian, I'm on a date. Why are you here? On my car?”

Richelle Mead
“For once, you're going to hear something that doesn't fit into your neat, compartmentalized world of order and logic and reason.”

Richelle Mead
“I tried to be a better person for her– but it was to impress her, to get her to want me. But when I’m around you, I want to be better because… well, because it feels right. Because I want to. You make me want to become something greater than myself. I want to excel. You inspire me in every act, every word, every glance. I look at you, and you’re like… like light made into flesh. […] You have no clue how beautiful you are or how brightly you shine.”

Richelle Mead
“Day 24. Situation is growing worse. My captors continue to find new and horrific ways to torture me. When not working, Agent Scarlet spends her days examining fabric swatches for bridesmaid dresses and going on about how in love she is. This usually causes Agent Boring Borscht to regale us with stories of Russian weddings that are even more boring than his usual ones. My attempts at escape have been thwarted thus far. Also, I am out of cigarettes. Any assistance or tobacco products you can send will be greatly appreciated.
-Prisoner 24601”

Richelle Mead
“You're in an awfully good mood," he observed. "Was there a sale at Khakis-R-Us?”