Allison's Reviews > Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

Peace Is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh

Mar 19, 2012

bookshelves: inspirational, currently-reading
Recommended for: my friends and family, those who want to feel joy, those who want to live more mindfully

I borrowed this book from someone I hardly knew probably 4 or 5 years ago (I still have it, I don't know who she is...?!) I never even looked at it until this last week. I feel like it was transformative. The meditations are simple, thought-provoking (but more than that), present-provoking. I tried to breathe in and out mindfully between every section/meditation and it was helpful. I've been trying to use some of the techniques regularly and it's been very grounding and uplifting. Instead of spinning away with thoughts and emotions to another time and place, I'm having more ease at staying here in the present moment and feeling happiness. I will be looking to read more works by Thich Nhat Hanh. I only gave it a 4, merely because I wasn't drawn to read the next section as if it were a novel that I'd give a 5 to. I had to work to read it, in some instances, but I knew I was better for doing so. I have much to think about and breathe about now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peace Is Every Step.

03/19 page 49
03/02 marked as: read
03/02 marked as: currently-reading

message 1: by Chavonne (new) - added it

Chavonne I can't wait to hear how you like it.