B.B. Lynn's Reviews > The Lion Heart

The Lion Heart by Carrie Aarons

70461962

bookshelves: 5-star, bad-boy, contemporary-romance, famous, new-adult, overseas, sports, wealthy-millionaire

“We’re the same. Both victims of what this privileged, horrible, tragic world has done to us. But we rise above it.”

I didn’t think I would cry during this book but alas, here we are. This book is about the other side. The side of us we try to hide from people and push down. Poppy and Kingston had been suppressing their other side for far too long, and they needed each other to help them understand it.

“We’re playing pretend, just children forced to grow up too early. We’ve placed ourselves into the adult world with our posh, expensive flats and fast times on the nightlife scene … and expect that to be enough to prove to outsiders that we’re wise enough to direct the traffic of our own lives. It’s all a sham, though.”

I think I am officially naming Kingston my favorite. I love his bad boy side, but when he gets vulnerable, his soft side is too sweet to pass up.

“You are a lion, Kingston, as regal as the animals gracing the crest of the league you love so dearly. You are loyal and fiercely passionate about what you want to protect. But you also have a temper that gets you in trouble, and you don’t walk on anyone’s leash.”

And I don’t really want to say anything about Poppy because I don’t want to give spoilers, but I’ll just say that we would be best friends. Just do yourself a favor and pick up this book!

“Together. You and I are better together.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lion Heart.

September 8, 2019 – Started Reading