Joey T's Reviews > Summerlost

/3.5 stars/
This was pretty good
RTC maybe

* * * * * *

This was a cute book. I actually liked it. But that was it. I enjoyed it, but I didn’t love it. It was another light and fluffy read that I zoomed through.
I really liked...
The themes. I completely adored Cedar and Leo’s friendship and how friendship was really a very strong theme. And family coming in as a close second. Cedar’s family is far from perfect- especially after the loss of her brother and dad- but that’s the point, no family is perfect, everyone messes up. I liked how this was portrayed, and how in the end- everyone was there for Cedar and she was there for her mom and brother, because they were family.
The festival. I guess I was always kinda a theater nut even tho I never acted or anything, but yeah, I just liked it.
The characters. Cedar was relatable. Leo was relatable. I loved them both. What else can I say?
I guess y’all are wondering why exactly I only gave 3.5 stars. After all, I just rambled on about how much I liked it. I don’t know, it just seemed there was something missing throughout the entire thing. Something I couldn’t put my finger on. I can’t really explain it but I can say you should go read it for yourself and see what you think!
Content: almost completely clean. Leo and Cedar refer to some of the meaner boys at the festival as h***farts. Cedar and Leo both lie to their parents about hosting the tours. Cedar and Leo sneak out later together. Cedar confesses everything to her mother later.
Anyway, happy reading guys!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summerlost.

September 8, 2019 – Shelved
September 8, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
October 22, 2019 – Started Reading
October 22, 2019 –
October 24, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

message 1: by Cherie (new)

Cherie S. It's sad when books don't always turn out to be 5 stars!

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina Maybe? ^.^

message 3: by Cherie (new)

Cherie S. @Elizabeth
I've never read this story, have you Elizabeth? :)

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina Nope. But I've heard good things about Ally Condie.

message 5: by Cherie (new)

Cherie S. That's neat!

Joey T Do you want a review Elizabeth? Cause I’ll put one up if people want one lol

Joey T Also same, I’ve heard multiple good things about Ally Condie- this was my first one by her.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina Yes! I've been needing to hear some more opinions on her work! ^.^ xD

At least your first try wasn't 1 star 😂

Joey T Okay, sounds good! Yes so true!

message 10: by Cherie (new)

Cherie S. @Joey T I've never read anything by this author, so I'll look forward to reading your review whenever you write it

message 11: by Joey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joey T Thanks Cherie! I’ll try to put one up tomorrow

message 12: by Cherie (new)

Cherie S. Great!

message 13: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate Willis Looking forward to your review! I have enjoyed her YA books more than this one in some ways.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina 😃 Can't wait to see what you think!!

message 15: by Joey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joey T Thanks guys! I just put a review up

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina Love it!! Ally Condos seems really clean compared to most of the stuff I've read! 😂

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina *Condie

message 18: by Joey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joey T It’s true! I was honestly a little surprised at how clean it was.

message 19: by Cherie (new)

Cherie S. Joey, thank you for your honest review!

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Dragina @Joey ~ XD 😂 I suppose that's a good thing, especially considering most YA books!

message 21: by Joey (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joey T No problem Cherie!

message 22: by Joey (new) - rated it 3 stars