Peggy R's Reviews > Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder

Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder by Amy Lillard

***Upgraded from 2.5 stars

This was a new author to me and I really liked the premise so I was looking forward to reading this book. Unfortunately, it just wasn't my cup of tea. I struggled to become engaged in the story and with the characters. For me, I felt the story dragged until about the midway point. There are some fun, quirky townspeople that made me chuckle, but I just couldn't connect with the main characters. I felt the pace was too slow and at some points the story a bit disjointed. However, probably the one thing that turned me off the most was the set-up of the love triangle. I'm not sure why this is becoming a "thing" in cozy mysteries but it isn't even something I like in the romance stories I read.

The great thing about this genre is there is something for everyone. While this wasn't my cup of tea, plenty of others have found it to be enjoyable. Odds are that I won't be continuing with the series.

I voluntarily read a digital ARC provided to me by the publisher through Netgalley
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Can't Judge a Book By Its Murder.

September 1, 2019 – Started Reading