Dawn Jayne's Reviews > Supernova

Supernova by Crystal Ward

Mar 18, 2012

bookshelves: para-fantasy

Supernonva was a superb read! The beginning grabbed me right me away and the story didn't let go. Lots of great characters, tons of emotions and energy. Told from the point of view of Evania, a young woman with a dark past, the story follow her journey as she discovers her place as a mysterious (and very cool) Guardian. Her friendship with the Priest, Daniel, was touching, and her unique relationship with Desmond and the rest of the Guardian gang was great fun to watch evolve. I adored Jackson, the bi-polar hottie.
Evania, by the way, had the best birthday EVER! :D

There were suprises and some wild turns that left me utterly shocked, in good ways! I didn't know what was coming next and made me want to keep turning (clicking) the pages. I'm trying to be very careful as to not give anything away so I don't spoil things, ha!

There were very intriguing backstories for each character and I enjoyed that each chapter had an individual title. Evania has some super cool abilities, as do the other Guardians. And their foes, the Adversaries and Equals, were dangerous enemies. LOTS of great fights! Highly recommended and the teaser chapter for Tsunami was a wonderful present.
I will not look at plastic wrap the same ever again!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Supernova.