Carvanz's Reviews > Seduction on a Snowy Night

Seduction on a Snowy Night by Madeline Hunter

20266662

bookshelves: bundled, anthology, christmas, fast-read, historical, safety-hmm

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter:

Wow, for a novella this had the feel of a much longer book. It was fully developed with engaging characters and a storyline that never felt rushed. I found it especially amusing that a young woman would be the instigator behind the kidnapping of a baron. Waiting to find out why exactly she did such a thing was agonizing and then when it’s revealed, it added to the drama and angst of the story.

description

I loved both Caroline and Adam. This has some great banter between the two as well as chemistry and definitely longing. I admired Caroline for all that she did to save her little family. And Adam was swoon worthy in that he dug right in beside her to help her where needed, especially in the end. There was definitely more to him than what his reputation led one to believe.

I’m still amazed at how such a short book could carry so much within such a small amount of space. Worth buying the book for this story alone!

A Perfect Match by Sabrina Jeffries:

Awww! We have more of the siblings in the Duke Dynasty series! I loved them in Project Duchess and now that I’ve met Heywood, I’m even more in love with them!

Heywood was so darn cute! He refused to admit he was abducting Cass and her cousin Kitty, insisting he was rescuing them. It did feel like an abduction. But with such a charming gentleman leading the way, it was certainly an entertaining way to go. The fact that he fell in love with the woman who wrote the letters his best friend shared with him is a secret little check box I rarely have checked off. Of course, he doesn’t realize it was Cass and not Kitty that wrote them. In addition, he needs an heiress and while Kitty fits the bill, Cass does not. Enter the drama and angst. Sigh. So good!

description

I adored Heywood. He was lighthearted and kind, always teasing his siblings and even Cass. And yet, he was plenty alpha enough to check off my other boxes, that are not so secretive. Cass was an amazing heroine. She was strong and independent, especially when considering society during this time. Even as she spoke her mind she was never brash or abrasive. Her fiery spirit was part of what capture Heywood’s heart and I loved him for that as well.

Despite the conflict within the story, this was a relatively low angst read. Just enough to drive it onward but not enough to feel like a lead weight in the stomach. This also gives us a wonderful look at a bit of what life at Christmas time was like during this era. It was magical!

description

Like the above story, this too has the feel of a fully developed novel. It never felt rushed or over the top. Every character included was well written, and I felt as though they were dear and close friends. Overall, a wonderful read that is perfect for the holidays!

One Wicked Winter Night by Mary Jo Putney:

description

Regrettably, this was not a favorite. It felt more like a story about cats than a romance and I found myself skimming a good portion of it. While the initial conflict between this couple was believable, the resulting issue was not. I did enjoy that Diana was a worldly woman and that she brought a lightness to Anthony’s life. However, I never felt the chemistry between the two. With a novella I need the story to start off pretty quickly and this did not, causing the build up and resolution of this relationship to feel rushed. This is my first book by this author and I’m assuming this is her usual way of writing which is not to my preference. That being said, I’m sure that her fans will enjoy this story.

Triggers (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduction on a Snowy Night.

September 1, 2019 – Started Reading
September 1, 2019 – Finished Reading
September 5, 2019 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Another fabulous review Carvanz!!💖👍💋😉

Carvanz Thank you Kat!! I highly recommend this as a holiday read for anyone who enjoys historical romance. Sooo good!