Brenda's Reviews > The Life She Deserves

The Life She Deserves by Maggie Christensen

When Alice died, her husband Col and best friend Jo were devastated. She had suffered a long time – she was now at peace. The three of them had been friends for a lifetime, now Col and Jo comforted each other with dinner out twice a week, always at ease in each other’s company. Gradually the respect and friendship they shared grew to more, and with it being a year since Alice had died and five years since Jo’s divorce, they were happy to explore their new relationship.

But Eve, Jo’s daughter and Danny, her son, were determined Jo should live her life the way they saw fit. It was only Rob, her youngest son, who was on Jo’s side, completely understanding her need for companionship and love. And it was Gordon, Jo’s ex, who was the biggest thorn in her side. What was she going to do? Would she go along with her children’s plans for her, letting them ride roughshod over her own needs and wants? Or would she rebel and have the life she deserved?

The Life She Deserves is the 1st in the Granite Springs series for Aussie author Maggie Christensen and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The author depicts older characters extremely well and with both Jo and Col turning 60 in this story, Jo with adult children and grandchildren, the complexities of family and relationships shines through. A wonderful story, The Life She Deserves is one I highly recommend and I’m looking forward to book two already.

With thanks to the author for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life She Deserves.

September 4, 2019 – Shelved
October 6, 2019 – Shelved as: 5000-2019
October 6, 2019 – Shelved as: own-read
October 6, 2019 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
October 7, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

Helen Great review Brenda, I thoroughly enjoyed this one as well

Brenda Thanks Helen :) No disappointments in Maggie's reads :)

message 3: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Nice to see another author writing about older characters.

Brenda You'd like Maggie's work Dale :) Have you read anything of hers?

message 5: by Dale (new) - added it

Dale Harcombe Good to know. No, I haven’t. On that mountain called a TBR.

message 6: by Brenda (last edited Oct 07, 2019 05:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda I know the one Dale!!

message 7: by Gloria (new)

Gloria Arthur Lovely review Brenda :)

Brenda Thanks Gloria :)

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Brenda