Mrklingon's Reviews > Black Spire

Black Spire by Delilah S. Dawson

bookshelves: sf, space-opera, star-wars

Well, that was fun! And as is often the case, it is especially fun to read a book set in a place you've actually visited!

Okay, yes, this book is set in a Galaxy Far, Far Away (tm) - but in particular it is set on Batuu, at Black Spire Outpost - which is ably represented on our world at Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland and Disney World. Just having been to Disneyland where I enjoyed this new land, it was fresh in my mind and all the more fun to "visit" again via Delilah Dawson's prose.

It's a story that is at times harrowing - it helped that I'd also just read Phasma, a book which dovetails nicely with this story - both following the exploits of Vi Moradi, Resistance spy extraordinaire.

And despite being SW, science fiction/space-opera and all, it has a fair amount of real world overlap - particularly the depiction of PTSD and the trials of deployed personnel.

So - even if you don't have a chance to visit Black Spire Outpost at a theme park - your local bookstore (or library - how I got my copy!) will give you a way to take a trip there!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Spire.

September 4, 2019 – Started Reading