Audrey's Reviews > Str8te Boys

Str8te Boys by Evangeline Anderson

Mar 18, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: man-love

3+/3.5 stars. Smokin' hot on the sexytimes, but some stuff just didn't ring true for me, even when I took into consideration the fact that we were in the fantastical world of romantic/erotic fiction. I was pleased that Duke (non-POV main character) got his HEA, but I was a little skeptical that it was Mav's HEA, as well (POV main character). The writing was engaging, though, and I wouldn't hesitate to try more of Evangeline Anderson's work in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Str8te Boys.

March 18, 2012 – Started Reading
March 18, 2012 – Shelved
March 18, 2012 –
page 40
49.38% "Oh, Duke, I just wanna give you a hug right now. :("
March 18, 2012 – Finished Reading
March 19, 2012 – Shelved as: man-love

willaful I liked her freebie Masks. Haven't read anything else by her I liked as much as this. Did buy another m/m by her to try.

Audrey Oh, I picked up that freebie, too. I haven't read much BDSM stuff, though, so it'll have to be when I'm in the right mood.

Actually, the next BDSM on my list is The Switch, which I'm pretty psyched about. Just need to find the right time to start it. :)

willaful I don't think Masks is actually very kinky.

willaful The Switch sounds interesting, is it lendable?

Audrey Masks is a short story, right?

And, unfortunately not lendable. I have it in DTB form. Got it on PBS, so maybe try there?

willaful Ah yes, those mystical "paper" books.

My husband and I were having a fun riff last night. I was reading a print book and he asked me what that weird thing I was holding was. I said it was some new kind of book and I was having trouble figuring out the bookmarking system, but the battery charge was awesome.

(Short story, yes.)

Audrey Hahahaha, thanks for giving me a chuckle at 2AM. :) Alrighty, off to bed with me.