Jena Henry's Reviews > Christmas Secrets at Villa Limoncello: A feel-good Christmas holiday romance

Christmas Secrets at Villa Limoncello by Daisy James

Merry Christmas, Tuscan-style! Author Daisy James’ latest in the Villa Limoncello holiday romance series, this is Tuscan Dreams number 3, is bursting with all the joys of the season that you can imagine. Do you want beautiful scenery, savory Tuscan meals and desserts, marvelous craft sessions and cooking classes, Christmas choirs and carols every day, and even some snow? It’s all here in this festive, clean and wholesome romance.

The heroine, Izzie Jenkins has returned to Villa Limoncello and the dashing Luca to help with the fledgling Tuscan getaway. She and chef-businessman Luca will be entertaining an English community choir for a week with the Snowflakes and Christmas Cakes program. Izzie brings with her some problems and decisions that must be solved and she longs for the beautiful effect of the Villa (and Luca!) to calm her soul. Instead she experiences more secrets and problems than pleasures as she bonds with some of the chorister guests and deals with the changeable Luca.

Izzie and Luca are lovable characters and we meet many more interesting people during our week in Tuscany. The townspeople and workers at the Villa, and the various choir members share their quirks, passions and problems as the story unfolds. Add to this the opportunity to visit around Tuscany, from small towns to Florence, and you will discover plenty of sights, sounds, smells and tastes that make the story come alive.

As I had not read the first two books in the series, the first half of the book dragged for me, as it was filled with the backstory that slowed down the story. However, once the story advanced, I was quickly caught up in the beautiful descriptions of the sights and activities, as well as the inner-workings of the characters. And of course, I was rooting for a happy-ever-after ending, which could have come about in several ways! “Villa Limoncello was truly a place where hearts could heal and happiness could blossom.”

The book finishes with many delightful recipes, which was the perfect ending to this tasty and satisfying story. Thanks to NetGalley and Canelo for a digital review copy. This is my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Secrets at Villa Limoncello.

Finished Reading