Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Knee Deep

Knee Deep by Jolene Perry

Mar 18, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-must-reads, blog-tour-review
Read in May, 2012

A Huge THANK YOU to Nicole at Tribute Books for allowing me to be a part of this great tour. Knee Deep grabbed my attention a few months ago when I saw the cover reveal. I said man this book is something I need to read when it comes out. The cover just screams READ ME....... READ ME.......

Knee Deep is a story of love, friendship and consequences of loving the wrong person. This story shows you the consequences behind actions made in haste. This is a must read for all teenage girls. When a girl loves hard she loves hard but with that also comes the crashing or falling hard on your face when the relationship does not work out.

Ronnie has loved Shawn all her life. She knows she is supposed to be with him. He is her soul mate and she will do and say anything to be with him. Then Shawn moves away and Ronnie gets close to Luke. Luke is her best friend and he will do anything for Ronnie. Then Shawn moves back and he and Ronnie become a couple. With this new relationship Ronnie and Luke's friendship starts to fade because she is spending all her time with Shawn.

Then Ronnie and Luke try out for the school play and Ronnie and Luke get the leading roles. Ronnie is excited because she gets to star opposite Luke and she will be able to spend time with him and build their friendship back up. But there is danger lurking in the background and someone is not happy about their friendship. Their friendship and love will be tested and when Luke finds out Ronnie's secret all hell will brake lose.

What will Ronnie do about Shawn? Will she have the courage to stand up and tell someone? Will she confide in Luke? What is a girl to do when she is torn between two guys? One guy is good and one is poison, who will she choose? When her love hits rock bottom who will be there to pick up the pieces of her broken heart? This is a MUST READ for all teenagers!

As I was reading this book I kept thinking about a song that describes Ronnie and Shawn's relationship and I think Cut by Plum is perfect for them.

Ronnie and Luke have this awesome friendship until something happens to it. So I picked Be Still by The Fray http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nUuBj...

Thank you Jolene for writing such an open and honest story that shows us some things are better of being said then keeping them secret.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knee Deep.