Rose's Reviews > Crew Princess

Crew Princess by Tijan

I finished this book over 2 weeks ago. Every time I sat down to write my review something happened.
💙
I haven’t read all of Tijan’s book yet. I’m working on it. I listen to them at work. I have read the ones that have come on KU when the occasionally do. 💙
That being said, out of the books I have read, I loved Crew. (Ok, let’s be honest here. I haven’t found a book yet that I haven’t loved from Tijan.)
Back to Crew, the cover, both of the covers pulled me in and the story kept me there. 💙
Crew Princess did exactly the same thing. The cover is gorgeous. The story caught me hook, line and sinker. 💙
While this book had the drama, in perfect Tijan fashion it also had romance. Ugh, I LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD it. These two, not only is the passion hot- at a young age even- but the connection they have. Right in the feels people.
💙
Can we just take a slight detour and just talk about how KickA Bren is. She keeps her own in fights. She is not a weak link. And you guys. You guys! She has a fight scene where she totally reminds me of Black Widow. Using her smaller body to her benefit. I read that fight scene like 10 times. I have a girl crush.
💙
Ultimately what I loved about this book, and frankly all the books I’ve read of Tijan is that all the characters are flawed. They are never perfect. Bren and Cross each have their own issues, their own baggage. That’s what makes the books so relatable, and connects you to the characters. You see someone who is struggling, yet even though they feel weak, they are so strong. Of course, their love interest, who also has their own flaws, sees the true beauty of the Heroine. That together the characters become stronger. 💙
That right there is why I love Tijan. Two flawed, broken people, who are so relatable become better, stronger, more complete by finding and loving each other. While they accept the other, they don’t downplay, mock, or reject each other's issues. It is beautiful.
💙
This book had a drama, mental health, family drama, crew drama, town drama, but it had bonds of friendship, growing and changing, forgiveness, and love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crew Princess.

August 19, 2019 – Started Reading