♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)'s Reviews > Claustrophilia

Claustrophilia by Ezra Blake

liked it
bookshelves: dark-romance, horror, lgbtq, contemporary

★★★ — 3 Stars!

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Rape, murder, graphic depictions of violence, cannibalism, etc. (pretty much everything)

I feel like I need to write in in-depth review for this novel. It was like nothing I had ever read before. I asked for dark romance and I got DARK ROMANCE. DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE FULLY PREPARED FOR IT! And as far as a star rating I’m going with a three. But I’m not even sure if a three is accurate.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claustrophilia.

September 4, 2019 – Shelved
September 4, 2019 – Shelved as: dark-romance
September 4, 2019 – Shelved as: to-read
September 4, 2019 – Shelved as: horror
September 4, 2019 – Shelved as: lgbtq
September 5, 2019 – Started Reading
page 0
0.0% "This book was $6.99 on the iBooks app. So this better be good."
page 4
1.19% "This author is amazing! The beginning of the book before you even start reading has a warning about how the relationship in this book is not meant to be healthy and shouldn’t be portrayed as healthy. More books should do this. I can think of a few..."
September 5, 2019 –
4.0% "I’m not the biggest fan of flashbacks and this already has two so far...."
September 5, 2019 –
5.0% "You know I remember saying I wanted to read something dark and scary and then I get this book and now I’m like, you know I want something not dark and scary and this book be like too late bitch"
September 5, 2019 –
11.0% "I don’t know what’s scarier. The thought of a serial killer just killing you. Or the serial killer having an affection for you that means they will hurt you in order to “protect you” and “keep you safe.” And them having some sort of warped love for you. Which doesn’t mean they won’t still kill you."
September 5, 2019 –
23.0% "Do we have another Dexter on our hands? A serial killer who kills bad people? Well just so (no spoilers) knows, he is still a bad person."
September 5, 2019 –
25.0% "I am going to need about seven glasses of any alcohol right now and I don’t even drink."
September 5, 2019 –
26.0% "If the main character does what I think he is about to do. I am going to quietly put my phone down. And then I’m quietly leaving my house. And then I’m throwing myself into the sun screaming bloody murder."
September 5, 2019 –
27.0% "That moment When the serial killer gets mad that you tried biting your own body part off."
32.0% "I’m confused."
September 5, 2019 –
37.0% "So what’s been the point of the last 60 pages if you already got rid of that plot point?"
September 5, 2019 –
39.0% "I don’t think I can read anymore of this."
September 5, 2019 –
40.0% "What kind of Hannibal Lecter shit is this!"
September 5, 2019 –
51.0% "Well this book got super boring."
September 6, 2019 –
55.0% "Ok I get that certain things have happened but the fact that the MC knows that something is off and still doesn’t question it much makes me want to punch him."
September 6, 2019 –
56.0% "I am so bored right now...."
September 6, 2019 –
63.0% "Ok, I get that he doesn’t get hardly any opportunities if any at all. But Chris is clearly being tortured no matter what he does so why doesn’t he try to escape. Like he is going to be tortured no matter what. Might as well try. Better than standing still."
September 6, 2019 –
71.0% "“He circles the chair once more. A terrible idea is already germinating in the back of his mind, like wild mint taking root on a riverbank, starving out all weaker life.”"
September 6, 2019 –
78.0% "After this is all over I think I will only be reading light and fluffy novels for a while."
September 6, 2019 –
97.0% "This book is breaking me. After everything that has happened I don’t know how I can still be so affected. The author did amazing work with this book."
September 6, 2019 – Finished Reading