Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)'s Reviews > Barbarian

Barbarian by Anna Hackett

Barbarian is book six in the Galactic Gladiators series by Anna Hackett.

I love this series so much that I devoured it. Book bing!

Barbarian is another remarkable read in the Galactic Gladiators series.

Winter was abducted by alien slavers, experimented on, and left blind. She’s a doctor who can no longer do what she was trained to do. Now she’s been rescued by Nero and The House of Galen gladiators. She’s trying to adjust to her new life. What I love about her is that she doesn’t let her impaired sight affect who is is and what she can do. She’s strong willed and a strong women in general.

Nero was raised on a barbarian world where strength and might are prized. Where the strongest survive. This has made him be blunt in his speaking and he’s not doing it to be cruel it’s just how he is. He’s the best hunter and tracker in The House of Galen and will use his skills to find the other human women still out there.

Winter and Nero, but heads. These two where great together. Nero makes a blunt remark and Winter would fling it right back with a smart assed comment. Winter made remarkable strides in proving her worth to herself and to Nero. She acknowledger her limitations and weakness and in doing so made them her strengths. Their romance was fantastic.

The action this time takes us far away from the arena and deep into the uncharted and inhospitable desert. The author lets her imagination have free-reign and introduces new creatures and situations that are incredible. I liked how she explored having someone physical impaired. This impairment let the author explore other avenues and introduces some alien technology, but it didn't overshadow how hard and difficult being impaired can be.

The world and characters keep expanding and evolving. We are introduced to a new Importer who runs the House of Ron, Cyborg clan. Each novel we keep finding and discovering new human women as the search goes on to rescue them all.

Barbarian is a captivating read. If you love science fiction romance then you should pick up the Galactic Gladiators series.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

angelsgp-seethisreview-blure

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barbarian.

September 3, 2019 – Started Reading
September 4, 2019 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited
September 4, 2019 – Finished Reading
January 22, 2020 – Shelved as: 5-stars
January 22, 2020 – Shelved as: fav-alien-books

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Indelicate Reviews by DD Great review! I think I will check this series out next.

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Indelicate Reviews by DD wrote: "Great review! I think I will check this series out next."

Thank's! I hope you enjoy. I'm really loving this series.

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Another excellent review Angela!!💞😉💋👍

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures) Kat wrote: "Another excellent review Angela!!💞😉💋👍"

Thank you!