Linda Bond's Reviews > A Pilgrimage to Eternity: From Canterbury to Rome in Search of a Faith

A Pilgrimage to Eternity by Timothy Egan

Persons of faith, seekers and those simply interested in Christianity will appreciate Timothy Egan’s foray into the history of this 2000-year-old path to God. In order to learn what he can about the past, the present and the possible future of this particular religion, he takes on a 1000-mile journey of his own, walking to Rome and St. Peter’s Square, touching on remarkable places as he travels, while highlighting the contributions of outstanding individuals like Martin Luther and Joan of Arc. The author brings his writing skill and the art of his voice to this book and it will only add to his reputation as a writer who thoroughly researches his work, and presents his narrative in an accessible style that enriches the understanding of all who read it. It’s a very special look at not only the history of a faith, but also into the heart of this very special seeker. Again Mr. Egan earns our respect and our admiration.

I met this book at Auntie's Bookstore in Spokane, WA
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Pilgrimage to Eternity.

Started Reading