Julie's Reviews > A Husband She Couldn't Forget

A Husband She Couldn't Forget by Christine Rimmer

bookshelves: 2019, contemporary-romance, harlequin, paperback

The Husband She Couldn’t Forget by Christine Rimmer is a 2019 Harlequin Special Edition publication.

Marvelous!

Ever wish you could have a do over? Well, Aly Santangelo and Connor Bravo are given a chance to do just that- start over from scratch. Will they learn from their mistakes or make the same ones all over again?

As Aly drives home to care for her mother in the last months of her later in life pregnancy, she has a terrifying car crash. Physically, she’s fine, but when she comes to, she starts asking for her husband, which is natural enough…. Except Aly and Connor Bravo are divorced- and have been for the past seven years! Unable to convince Aly that she is divorced now, her family reluctantly sends for Connor, to confirm the truth.

Once Aly and Connor meet again, and he explains to her why they divorced, she’s hurt and angry, but is still convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt they still love each other. Despite her memory loss, Aly decides to see if her instincts are right. They may still love each other, but can they resolve the issues that drove them apart in the first place?

Memory loss is frustrating for all concerned, but what if it afforded you a second chance, one that your pride, hurt, anger, and the passage of time probably would have kept you from even considering under ordinary circumstances?

Aly seizes the day, not knowing how it will all turn out, or if she will ever remember the way she felt when Connor bailed on her seven years ago. This is certainly a thought-provoking premise! Aly knew she and Connor loved each other, she knew he had lied, had been a selfish jerk, but she couldn’t really remember the pain she felt when they broke up. How will she really feel when or if her memory returns?

It was lovely watching Aly and Connor fall in love all over again, but of course, there is a shadow hanging over their rekindled romance. However, a twist neither of them saw coming might be just the catalyst they need to heal the still open wounds between them.

I enjoyed Connor and Aly’s story very much. Not only do we see them fall in love, we see other relationships heal, as the characters grow and mature, refusing to squander the second chance they’ve been given. I loved the way the couple decided to fight for each other and the work they put into making up for lost time and adding a lifetime of new memories to their long awaited HEA!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Husband She Couldn't Forget.

September 3, 2019 – Started Reading
September 3, 2019 – Shelved
September 3, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019
September 3, 2019 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
September 3, 2019 – Shelved as: harlequin
September 3, 2019 – Shelved as: paperback
September 17, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)

message 1: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee Great review Julie 🤗

message 2: by Vicky (new)

Vicky "phenkos" That's a very interesting premise!

message 3: by Kevin (last edited Sep 18, 2019 12:00AM) (new)

Kevin Ansbro I love this trope in movies, Julie. I'm quite partial to a feelgood, slightly magical, afternoon movie.
'It's a Wonderful Life' did this so well.
I ADORE that movie!!

Wonderful review!

message 4: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Fabulous review Julie! Loved it. ❤️🌹

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Sounds lovely Julie, terrific review 💕

Julie Ceecee wrote: "Great review Julie 🤗"

Thank you, Ceecee!! 😊😊

Julie Maureen wrote: "Sounds lovely Julie, terrific review 💕"

Thank you so much, Maureen!! 💖

Julie Nicola wrote: "Fabulous review Julie! Loved it. ❤️🌹"

Thank you very much, Nicola!! 💖

Julie Vicky wrote: "That's a very interesting premise!"

Thank you, Vicky!! It has been done countless times, but this author gives it a fresh spin! 💖

Julie Kevin wrote: "I love this trope in movies, Julie. I'm quite partial to a feelgood, slightly magical, afternoon movie.
'It's a Wonderful Life' did this so well.
I ADORE that movie!!

Wonderful review!"

Thank you very much, Kevin!! 😊😊

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina A wonderful review as always Julie! Gotta love some romance❣️

Julie Tina wrote: "A wonderful review as always Julie! Gotta love some romance❣️"

Thank you, Tina!! Yes, especially if it is Christine Rimmer. Her books are always good! 💖

message 14: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Fantastic review, Julie!

Julie Brenda - Host of Traveling Sisters & Friends wrote: "Great review, Julie!"

Thank you, Brenda!! 💖

Julie Meredith wrote: "Fantastic review, Julie!"

Thank you, Meredith!! 💖

message 17: by Babydimps (Suzy) (new)

Babydimps (Suzy) Super review Julie! 😊

Julie Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "Super review Julie! 😊"

Thank you very much, Suzy!! 💖

message 19: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Terrific review Julie!🤗💖🌸

Julie Kaceey wrote: "Terrific review Julie!🤗💖🌸"

Thank you so much, Kaceey!! 😊💖

message 21: by Antoinette (new)

Antoinette Wonderful review, Julie! I don’t tend to read romance novels, but I am tempted after your review. 😉

Julie Antoinette wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! I don’t tend to read romance novels, but I am tempted after your review. 😉"

Thank you, Antoinette!! I need a good romance novel once in a while. These days I tend to stick with a few favorite authors, though. CR is a good one! 💖

message 23: by KAS (new)

KAS I love the ‘amnesia’ premise, Julie ;)) Fantastic review and really need to add this one. So glad you enjoyed, dear friend!! 💚💜❤️

Julie KAS wrote: "I love the ‘amnesia’ premise, Julie ;)) Fantastic review and really need to add this one. So glad you enjoyed, dear friend!! 💚💜❤️"

Thank you, KAS!! Amnesia can be overdone sometimes, but CR kept it fresh, and original. 💖

message 25: by Libby (new)

Libby Hooray for second chances. Loved your review, Julie!

Julie Libby wrote: "Hooray for second chances. Loved your review, Julie!"

Thank you, dear Libby!! 💖

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat Valentine Fabulous review Julie!!😉💋💖👍

message 28: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Silver Ooo, I like this story concept. What a fabulous review, Julie!🌹