Jeeves Reads Romance's Reviews > Hate the Game

Hate the Game by Winter  Renshaw

I’ve gotta admit... this book is nothing like I expected it to be, but I loved it. Winter Renshaw’s writing is always great so I knew I was in for a good read, but this book is sweeter, cleaner, and lighter than I’ve come to expect from her books. It’s a New Adult romance with a hero you can’t help but fall for and I loved the journey.

The story follows a college senior and the star quarterback who has been pursuing her relentlessly since freshman year. Irie knows Talon only wants her because he can’t have her, so she feels no remorse continually turning him down despite her attraction to him. But when they take a class together in their last semester of college, everything changes. Irie starts to realize that Talon is one man on the surface and a completely different one when you dig deeper. Along the way, Talon and Irie discover that they have more in common than either could’ve expected.

I loved Talon; he makes this story what it is. His pursuit of Irie is so fun to read, because he knows that it will all be worth it once he succeeds. Sure, it started with him wanting to sleep with her, but you don’t pursue someone for four years without getting to know more about them and Talon likes everything he sees. It’s a slow burn, emotional romance that’s hard to put down. If you’re looking for a book that has a little of everything and a couple you can root for, I’d definitely recommend giving this a try.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout (then purchased it for my collection) and am voluntarily leaving a review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hate the Game.

September 3, 2019 – Shelved