Kai's Reviews > Tin Soldier

U 50x66
Mar 18, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: to-read, books-not-received

I still haven't received the book and still waiting for it to arrived.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tin Soldier.

Amanda Kay got this in my email today

***********************

Hello!
This is an email to all the winners of Tin Soldier. I have some good news. I'm ready to ship the prize you won back last February.

I am really sorry it took so long. It took awhile for reasons I don't think you care about, so I won't go into them. I will just say I'm sorry. I owe you that.

I am sending you two books: A book called Hallowed, which is the first in the Waters Dark and Deep series, and a book called Socialpunk, which is the first in the Socialpunk trilogy.

So what happened to Tin Soldier? The entire Seven Halos series that I had planned is now going to be the Waters Dark and Deep series. It's been re-written with the same characters and scenario, mainly because Silver Smoke was my first novel ever and it wasn't particularly a good novel. As I tried to produce the second novel, things weren't really clicking and a big part of that was foundation. The first book needed to be redone. So that's what happened.

The Seven Halos series is now the Waters Dark and Deep series, and the first book is Hallowed. That's what you'll be receiving. And while it is not Tin Soldier, it is a much better story than what I would have been able to give you with Tin Soldier.

I'm shipping Socialpunk as a bonus, because you had to wait so long for the giveaway.

Both of these books are on their way to the printers, so they will be shipped out by the end of the month.

If you need to update your mailing address, you can fill out the form here:

I will use the most recent address you've provided. If you have not moved in the last year, you don't need to fill out the form again.

Thank you!