Billie's Reviews > Wind Crown

Wind Crown by Kay L Moody

Read 2 times

The title of Master Shaper isn’t given, it’s earned. Let the trials begin.
The competition has arrived. Talise is the clear winner before it even starts. But Aaden has a much deeper desire to win than she ever realized. When he sabotages her demonstration, they are both punished.
Because of their talent, they are given a chance to earn the title of Master Shaper. But they must prove their honor and skill through a series of trials. In some areas, Talise excels. In others, she is woefully unprepared.
The emperor puts great value on wielding a sword and Talise has exactly none of the skill she needs. Of course, Aaden is a natural and easily impresses the emperor. Despite her best efforts to improve, the emperor seems increasingly disappointed in her abilities.
The emperor has threatened her with life in the dungeons before. If she doesn’t pass the trials, she can only guess what lengths he’ll go to in order to keep her out of the way.
At every turn, Aaden seems to be the only one who can help her. But she fears that trusting him could lead to far worse consequences… maybe even death.

I don't know how but this one is even better than the first one.
Action abounds in this one with some twists I didn't see coming.
Wonderful characters that I am enjoying following.
Well written plot and story line that is keeping me hanging on the edge of my seat.
Oh I can't wait to see what is in store in the next installment!!!
Recommend reading.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wind Crown.

Finished Reading